Happy new year to all our valued clients. We are pleased to let you know the progress on CARS coming together with Multicap is well underway. It’s been a busy return back to the new year with services resuming to all clients and of course the fervent planning for the coming year. Here is a brief update on our progress.
In the first week of January, all our Support Workers received an employment offer from Multicap and will transfer their employment as of 1 February. We are happy to let you know that the majority of our workforce will be continuing with us in 2018. That means business as usual for your services, which remains our priority. If there are any staff changes that will affect you, we will be in touch promptly.
Throughout next week all staff will be attending an initial training day. One of the benefits of teaming up with Multicap is that all our staff (and clients) will enjoy the benefits of regular and ongoing industry training. Next week, staff will be introduced to a new and much anticipated rostering system that will streamline the rostering, pay and invoicing process for everyone. This is an exciting change for us that will come into effect from 1 February. We will keep you updated and informed as we learn more and start the implementation of this and other systems. We hope that the only changes you notice will be improvements and new opportunities!
We now have Coralie Bond on board in our office in the role of Integration Officer. Coralie is here to assist as we transition to new systems and is happy to answer any Multicap questions you may have. We also welcome Jules Sanderson to our office in the role of Service Manager, overseeing all of CARS client services.
If you have any questions, feedback or concerns anytime through this exciting phase for CARS, please call me on 3350 6651. Thanks for your patience during this busy month as we juggle priorities to make our coming together happen successfully.
We will keep more regular updates coming your way throughout the next month.
We are aware that a number of clients have received their NDIS letters, indicating that planning conversations are coming soon. Multicap has an experienced NDIS Transition team to help ensure you have all the tools and information in readiness for your journey into NDIS. Just give us a call when you receive your letter.
Kids! Be You Holiday Program
Over 30 kids have had an amazing time with CARS at the North Brisbane holiday program. Some of the highlights have been:
- Our first teens’ night out – the start of many we hope, as kids enjoyed dinner together at a restaurant and then a movie. So much fun for all!!
- Two of our favourite celebrity visitors came for Christmas festivities: Dr Anthony Lynham (thank you for all your support this year!!) and of course Santa. He had a super packed sack this year thanks to the generous donations of so many KBY supporters!!!
- Day trips to local attractions including Trevena Glen, Sea World, Australia Zoo, Redcliffe Lagoon and more
- Awesome activities with local businesses doing great things with kids living with disability including Flipside Circus and Holt Bolt
- A special thanks to Bribie Lions Club. Friday is our last day of the program and Bribie Lions are treating the kids to a BBQ lunch. They also made a generous donation toward our Geebung venue and the buses.
We’d also like to thank Geebung Special School for hosting us over the 4 week Christmas program. This program is such a pleasure to offer. The smiles and joy created are such a delight to us.